The EMODnet Hydrography data products are Digital Terrain Models (DTM) for selected maritime basins in Europe that have been produced from collated bathymetric data sets and that are integrated into a central DTM.
- Visit the EMODnet Hydrography Data Products Viewing Service for public access, viewing and downloading of these bathymetric data products
At present the EMODnet Hydrography portal provides DTM’s for the following regions:
- The Atlantic Ocean (Channel, Celtic Seas, Western Approaches)
- The North Sea and Kattegat
- The Western and Central Mediterranean sea and Ionian Sea
- The Iberian Coast and the Bay of Biscay (Atlantic Ocean)
- The Adriatic Sea (Mediterranean)
- The Aegean - Levantine Sea (Mediterranean)
For each region bathymetric survey data and aggregated bathymetry data sets are collated from public and private organizations. These are processed and quality controlled. A further refinement is underway, also by gathering additional survey data sets, and will result in new releases in time.
Each of the available regional DTM’s has been imported into the central EMODnet Hydrography Data Products Viewing Service.
The DTM data products are freely available to users as GIS layers for viewing, sharing as WMS services and downloading as files in several output formats. The DTM’s have been based, where possible and available, upon high resolution survey data sets. Users can freely retrieve the metadata of these background data sets via the Common Data Index (CDI) metadata service:
- Visit the Common Data Index (CDI) service for viewing the metadata and requesting access to bathymetric survey data sets
The EMODnet Hydrography CDI data discovery and access service also facilitates users to request access and if granted, to download the bathymetric data sets in NetCDF (CF) format. For data access the data copyrights of owners must be respected. Therefore it is required that users are registered and confirm to accept the SeaDataNet data policy.